- Client.get_waveforms(network, station, location, channel, starttime, endtime)¶
Gets a waveform for a specified net, station, location and channel from start time to end time. The individual elements can contain wildcard "?" representing one character, matches of character ranges (e.g. channel="BH[Z12]"). All fields are left justified and padded with spaces to the required field width if they are too short. Use get_waveforms_nscl for seednames specified with regular expressions.
Using ".*" regular expression might or might not work. If the 12 character seed name regular expression is less than 12 characters it might get padded with spaces on the server side.
- network (str) The 2 character network code or regular expression (will be padded with spaces to the right to length 2)
- station (str) The 5 character station code or regular expression (will be padded with spaces to the right to length 5)
- location (str) The 2 character location code or regular expression (will be padded with spaces to the right to length 2)
- channel (str) The 3 character channel code or regular expression
- starttime (UTCDateTime) Start date and time.
- endtime (UTCDateTime) End date and time.
Return type: Returns:
Stream object with requested data
>>> from obspy.clients.neic import Client >>> client = Client() >>> t = UTCDateTime() - 5 * 3600 # 5 hours before now >>> st = client.get_waveforms("IU", "ANMO", "0?", "BH?", t, t + 10) >>> print(st) 3 Trace(s) in Stream: IU.ANMO.00.BH... | 20.0 Hz, 201 samples IU.ANMO.00.BH... | 20.0 Hz, 201 samples IU.ANMO.00.BH... | 20.0 Hz, 201 samples