- Station.select(location=None, channel=None, time=None, starttime=None, endtime=None, sampling_rate=None)¶
The returned object is based on a shallow copy of the original object. That means that modifying any mutable child elements will also modify the original object (see https://docs.python.org/2/library/copy.html). Use copy() afterwards to make a new copy of the data in memory.
>>> from obspy import read_inventory, UTCDateTime >>> sta = read_inventory() >>> t = UTCDateTime(2008, 7, 1, 12) >>> sta = sta.select(channel="[LB]HZ", time=t) >>> print(sta) Station FUR (Fuerstenfeldbruck, Bavaria, GR-Net) Station Code: FUR Channel Count: None/None (Selected/Total) 2006-12-16T00:00:00.000000Z - Access: None Latitude: 48.16, Longitude: 11.28, Elevation: 565.0 m Available Channels: FUR..BHZ, FUR..LHZ
The location and channel selection criteria may also contain UNIX style wildcards (e.g. *, ?, ...; see fnmatch()).
- location (str) Potentially wildcarded location code. If not given, all location codes will be accepted.
- channel (str) Potentially wildcarded channel code. If not given, all channel codes will be accepted.
- time (UTCDateTime) Only include channels active at given point in time.
- starttime (UTCDateTime) Only include channels active at or after given point in time (i.e. channels ending before given time will not be shown).
- endtime (UTCDateTime) Only include channels active before or at given point in time (i.e. channels starting after given time will not be shown).