- SUFile.__init__(file=None, endian=None, unpack_headers=False, headonly=False)¶
- file A file like object with the file pointer set at the beginning of the SEG Y file. If file is None, an empty SEGYFile object will be initialized.
- endian The endianness of the file. If None, autodetection will be used.
- unpack_header (bool) Determines whether or not all headers will be unpacked during reading the file. Has a huge impact on the memory usage and the performance. They can be unpacked on-the-fly after being read. Defaults to False.
- headonly (bool) Determines whether or not the actual data records will be read and unpacked. Has a huge impact on memory usage. Data can be read and unpacked on-the-fly after reading the file. Defaults to False.