- _read_segy(file, endian=None, textual_header_encoding=None, unpack_headers=False, headonly=False)¶
Reads a SEG Y file and returns a SEGYFile object.
- file Open file like object or a string which will be assumed to be a filename.
- endian (str) String that determines the endianness of the file. Either ‘>’ for big endian or ‘<’ for little endian. If it is None, obspy.io.segy will try to autodetect the endianness. The endianness is always valid for the whole file.
- textual_header_encoding The encoding of the textual header. Either ‘EBCDIC’, ‘ASCII’ or None. If it is None, autodetection will be attempted.
- unpack_headers (bool) Determines whether or not all headers will be unpacked during reading the file. Has a huge impact on the memory usage and the performance. They can be unpacked on-the-fly after being read. Defaults to False.
- headonly (bool) Determines whether or not the actual data records will be read and unpacked. Has a huge impact on memory usage. Data can be read and unpacked on-the-fly after reading the file. Defaults to False.