- xcorr_3c(st1, st2, shift_len, components=['Z', 'N', 'E'], full_xcorr=False, abs_max=True)¶
Calculates the cross correlation on each of the specified components separately, stacks them together and estimates the maximum and shift of maximum on the stack.
Basically the same as xcorr() but for (normally) three components, please also take a look at the documentation of that function. Useful e.g. for estimation of waveform similarity on a three component seismogram.
- st1 (Stream) Stream 1, containing one trace for Z, N, E component (other component_id codes are ignored)
- st2 (Stream) Stream 2, containing one trace for Z, N, E component (other component_id codes are ignored)
- shift_len (int) Total length of samples to shift for cross correlation.
- components (list of str) List of components to use in cross-correlation, defaults to ['Z', 'N', 'E'].
- full_xcorr (bool) If True, the complete xcorr function will be returned as ndarray.
index, value[, fct] - index of maximum xcorr value and the value itself. The complete xcorr function is returned only if full_xcorr=True.