- central_frequency(data, fs, smoothie, fk)¶
Central frequency of a signal.
Computes the central frequency of the given data which can be windowed or not. The central frequency is a measure of the frequency where the power is concentrated. It corresponds to the second moment of the power spectral density function.
The central frequency is returned.
- data (ndarray) Data to estimate central frequency from.
- fs Sampling frequency in Hz.
- smoothie Factor for smoothing the result.
- fk Coefficients for calculating time derivatives (calculated via central difference).
cfreq[, dcfreq] - Central frequency, Time derivative of center frequency (windowed only).