- dominant_period(data, fs, smoothie, fk)¶
Predominant period of a signal.
Computes the predominant period of the given data which can be windowed or not. The period is determined as the period of the maximum value of the Fourier amplitude spectrum.
If data are windowed the predominant period of each window is returned.
- data (ndarray) Data to determine predominant period of.
- fs Sampling frequency in Hz.
- smoothie Factor for smoothing the result.
- fk Coefficients for calculating time derivatives (calculated via central difference).
dperiod[, ddperiod] - Predominant period, Time derivative of predominant period (windowed only).