- PPSD.plot(filename=None, show_coverage=True, show_histogram=True, show_percentiles=False, percentiles=[0, 25, 50, 75, 100], show_noise_models=True, grid=True, show=True, max_percentage=None, period_lim=(0.01, 179), show_mode=False, show_mean=False, cmap=<matplotlib.colors.LinearSegmentedColormap object at 0x4348f7ec>, cumulative=False, cumulative_number_of_colors=20, xaxis_frequency=False)¶
Plot the 2D histogram of the current PPSD. If a filename is specified the plot is saved to this file, otherwise a plot window is shown.
- filename (str, optional) Name of output file
- show_coverage (bool, optional) Enable/disable second axes with representation of data coverage time intervals.
- show_percentiles (bool, optional) Enable/disable plotting of approximated percentiles. These are calculated from the binned histogram and are not the exact percentiles.
- show_histogram (bool, optional) Enable/disable plotting of histogram. This can be set False e.g. to make a plot with only percentiles plotted. Defaults to True.
- percentiles (list of ints) percentiles to show if plotting of percentiles is selected.
- show_noise_models (bool, optional) Enable/disable plotting of noise models.
- grid (bool, optional) Enable/disable grid in histogram plot.
- show (bool, optional) Enable/disable immediately showing the plot.
- max_percentage (float, optional) Maximum percentage to adjust the colormap. The default is 30% unless cumulative=True, in which case this value is ignored.
- period_lim (tuple of 2 floats, optional) Period limits to show in histogram. When setting xaxis_frequency=True, this is expected to be frequency range in Hz.
- show_mode (bool, optional) Enable/disable plotting of mode psd values.
- show_mean (bool, optional) Enable/disable plotting of mean psd values.
- cmap (matplotlib.colors.Colormap) Colormap to use for the plot. To use the color map like in PQLX, [McNamara2004] use obspy.imaging.cm.pqlx.
- cumulative (bool) Can be set to True to show a cumulative representation of the histogram, i.e. showing color coded for each frequency/amplitude bin at what percentage in time the value is not exceeded by the data (similar to the percentile option but continuously and color coded over the whole area). max_percentage is ignored when this option is specified.
- cumulative_number_of_colors (int) Number of discrete color shades to use, None for a continuous colormap.
- xaxis_frequency (bool) If set to True, the x axis will be frequency in Hertz as opposed to the default of period in seconds.