obspy.clients.iris - IRIS Web service client for ObsPy¶
The obspy.clients.iris package contains a client for the DMC Web services provided by IRIS (https://service.iris.edu/irisws/).
|copyright:||The ObsPy Development Team (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|license:||GNU Lesser General Public License, Version 3 (https://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.html)|
Web service Interfaces¶
Each of the following methods directly wrap a single Web service provided by IRIS (https://service.iris.edu/irisws/):
- evalresp() - evaluates instrument response information stored at the IRIS DMC and outputs ASCII data or Bode Plots.
- resp() - provides access to channel response information in the SEED RESP format (as used by evalresp)
- sacpz() - provides access to instrument response information (per-channel) as poles and zeros in the ASCII format used by SAC and other programs
- timeseries() - fetches segments of seismic data and returns data formatted in either MiniSEED, ASCII or SAC. It can optionally filter the data.
- traveltime() - calculates travel-times for seismic phases using a 1-D spherical Earth model.
- distaz() - calculate the distance and azimuth between two points on a sphere.
- flinnengdahl() - converts a latitude, longitude pair into either a Flinn-Engdahl seismic region code or region name.
Please see the documentation for each method for further information and examples to retrieve various data from the IRIS DMC.