- class Event(force_resource_id=True, *args, **kwargs)¶
The class Event describes a seismic event which does not necessarily need to be a tectonic earthquake. An event is usually associated with one or more origins, which contain information about focal time and geographical location of the event. Multiple origins can cover automatic and manual locations, a set of location from different agencies, locations generated with different location programs and earth models, etc. Furthermore, an event is usually associated with one or more magnitudes, and with one or more focal mechanism determinations.
- resource_id (ResourceIdentifier) Resource identifier of Event.
- force_resource_id (bool, optional) If set to False, the automatic initialization of resource_id attribute in case it is not specified will be skipped.
- event_type (str, optional) Describes the type of an event. See EventType for allowed values.
- event_type_certainty (str, optional) Denotes how certain the information on event type is. See EventTypeCertainty for allowed values.
- creation_info (CreationInfo, optional) Creation information used to describe author, version, and creation time.
- event_descriptions (list of EventDescription) Additional event description, like earthquake name, Flinn-Engdahl region, etc.
- comments (list of Comment, optional) Additional comments.
- picks (list of Pick) Picks associated with the event.
- amplitudes (list of Amplitude) Amplitudes associated with the event.
- focal_mechanisms (list of FocalMechanism) Focal mechanisms associated with the event
- origins (list of Origin) Origins associated with the event.
- magnitudes (list of Magnitude) Magnitudes associated with the event.
- station_magnitudes (list of StationMagnitude) Station magnitudes associated with the event.
For handling additional information not covered by the QuakeML standard and how to output it to QuakeML see the ObsPy Tutorial.
__abstractmethods__ frozenset() -> empty frozenset object __dict__ __doc__ str(object=’‘) -> str __hash__ __module__ str(object=’‘) -> str __slots__ tuple() -> empty tuple __weakref__ list of weak references to the object (if defined) defaults dict() -> new empty dictionary do_not_warn_on list() -> new empty list item tuple() -> empty tuple key str(object=’‘) -> str readonly list() -> new empty list warn_on_non_default_key bool(x) -> bool
clear copy get items keys plot Plot event location and/or the preferred focal mechanism and radiation pattern. pop If key is not found, d is returned if given, otherwise KeyError is raised. popitem as a 2-tuple; but raise KeyError if D is empty. preferred_focal_mechanism Returns the preferred focal mechanism preferred_magnitude Returns the preferred magnitude preferred_origin Returns the preferred origin setdefault short_str Returns a short string representation of the current Event. update values write Saves event information into a file.
Private methods are mainly for internal/developer use and their API might change without notice.
_pretty_str Return better readable string representation of AttribDict object. _repr_pretty_
__bool__ __contains__ __deepcopy__ __delattr__ __delitem__ __dir__ default dir() implementation __eq__ Two instances are considered equal if all attributes and all lists __format__ default object formatter __getattr__ Py3k hasattr() expects an AttributeError no KeyError to be __getitem__ __getstate__ __init__ __iter__ __len__ __ne__ __new__ Create and return a new object. __nonzero__ __reduce__ helper for pickle __reduce_ex__ helper for pickle __repr__ __setattr__ Custom property implementation that works if the class is __setitem__ __setstate__ __sizeof__ size of object in memory, in bytes __str__ Print a short summary at the top. __subclasshook__