- Inventory.select(network=None, station=None, location=None, channel=None, time=None, starttime=None, endtime=None, sampling_rate=None, keep_empty=False)¶
The returned object is based on a shallow copy of the original object. That means that modifying any mutable child elements will also modify the original object (see https://docs.python.org/2/library/copy.html). Use copy() afterwards to make a new copy of the data in memory.
>>> from obspy import read_inventory, UTCDateTime >>> inv = read_inventory() >>> t = UTCDateTime(2007, 7, 1, 12) >>> inv = inv.select(channel="*Z", station="[RW]*", time=t) >>> print(inv) Inventory created at 2014-03-03T11:07:06.198000Z Created by: fdsn-stationxml-converter/1.0.0 http://www.iris.edu/fdsnstationconverter Sending institution: Erdbebendienst Bayern Contains: Networks (2): GR BW Stations (2): BW.RJOB (Jochberg, Bavaria, BW-Net) GR.WET (Wettzell, Bavaria, GR-Net) Channels (4): BW.RJOB..EHZ, GR.WET..BHZ, GR.WET..HHZ, GR.WET..LHZ
The network, station, location and channel selection criteria may also contain UNIX style wildcards (e.g. *, ?, ...; see fnmatch()).
- network (str) Potentially wildcarded network code. If not given, all network codes will be accepted.
- station (str) Potentially wildcarded station code. If not given, all station codes will be accepted.
- location (str) Potentially wildcarded location code. If not given, all location codes will be accepted.
- channel (str) Potentially wildcarded channel code. If not given, all channel codes will be accepted.
- time (UTCDateTime) Only include networks/stations/channels active at given point in time.
- starttime (UTCDateTime) Only include networks/stations/channels active at or after given point in time (i.e. channels ending before given time will not be shown).
- endtime (UTCDateTime) Only include networks/stations/channels active before or at given point in time (i.e. channels starting after given time will not be shown).
- keep_empty (bool) If set to True, networks/stations that match themselves but have no matching child elements (stations/channels) will be included in the result.